Who we are. STS (Europe) Training Limited (company number: 12398667) (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to us at 804 Merlin Park, Ringtail Road, Burscough, Lancashire, L40 8JY or firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning us on +44 (0)1704 891676.
Data Protection Officer. Our data protection officer is Andrew Robinson.
About this policy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us when:
- registering for and using our software platform located at www.ststrainingltd.co.uk (Software) (along with any agreement we have entered into with you or your business/employer in respect of the Software); and
- browsing our website at www.ststrainingltd.co.uk (Website).
It also provides information about the various rights you have in respect of the personal data we hold about you and how to exercise these.
By using the Website and/or our Software you are accepting our use of your personal data in this way.
What personal data do we hold about you?
When you register for the Software. We will collect your name, email address and encrypted password for the account.
When you use the Software. We will collect certain technical and usage data when you use the Software, this includes:
- What products a customer ordered and when
- Name, e-mail address, and phone number provided by the customer
- Billing address entered by the customer
- A note about payment method used by the customer
- Details of the enrolled course, progress, certificates and timestamps.
When you browse our Website. We may collect your IP address. We may also collect your name, contact details and any personal data contained in your message when you communicate with us through our Website.
The technical and usage data set out above which we collect when you use the Software and your IP address which we collect when you browse our Website are collectively referred to as Technical and Usage Data.
Please also see our cookies policy for further information about the cookies we may set when you access our Website.
Do we store payment details?
No, we do not store any payment details. All transactions take place off site through a third party (Stripe).
How do we use the personal data we hold about you and what lawful basis do we rely on for doing so?
Where you or your business/employer have registered for and use the Software. We use your personal data for the purpose of providing the Software and the services to you, enabling you to access any output generated by the Software at a later date (subject always to the terms of any agreement we have with you in respect of the Software). Our lawful basis for using your personal data is to carry out a contract entered into between us and you or your business/employer for the provision of the Software.
We use Technical and Usage Data to understand how users use our Software and our Website, being able to address faults and maintain security and improving our Software and Website. Our lawful basis for this use is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests (being those reasons specified). We rely on your consent to the setting of cookies and other electronic identifiers, please see our cookies policy for further information.
Sharing your personal data.
We use a third party hosting service (currently Leeming Designs Limited) to host the Software and the creators of the Software programme (Bright Red Media) to assist us in monitoring Software faults and issues so we can provide our customer support services and improve our Software. Your personal data may be transferred to these service providers for these purposes. If you pay directly for access to the Software your payment details will be processed by Stripe.
If you are a user within the European Economic Area (EEA), we will not transfer your data outside of the EEA.
Required disclosures to third parties.
We may make the following disclosures of your personal information to third parties where required:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Specialist Taxation Services (Europe) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the licence terms in respect of the Software; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Specialist Taxation Services (Europe) Limited, our clients or users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data.
Where you are a resident in the EEA, we will not transfer any personal data we collect from you to a destination outside the European Economic Area.
How we will protect your data.
All personal data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, hosted by BrightRED Digital Limited which has in place network and web application firewalls, encryption in transit, monitoring tools and access controls. These security measures are monitored and may be updated from time to time. BrightRED Digital Limited use Hosting UK, a division of Easyspace Ltd, part of the iomart group.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted using our Software or the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we will store your personal data.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. Our retention periods will depend on why we are holding your personal data.
- For the purpose of full access to the Software:
Individual Users: We will retain your personal data for up to 12 months after your registration for full use of the Software;
Employees of Corporate Clients or Partnerships: We will retain your personal data for the duration of your employers ongoing subscription to the software.
- For the purpose of technical analysis: When using the Software or the Website, we will retain Technical and Usage Data for three months following collection.
We may delete your personal data earlier than this if you leave the employment/engagement of a company to which we provide the Software. We may also retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or contemplation of legal proceedings.
You have various rights in respect of your personal data.
You have various rights in respect of your personal data, as follows:
- a right of access to a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- a right to object or restrict processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress to you, and a right to restrict ;
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed;
- a right to request a transfer of your personal data;
- a right to withdraw consent at any time; and
- a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone on (+44) (0)1704 891676.
Your right to make a complaint in respect of our use of your personal data. You have the right to complain in respect of our use of your personal data. If you are a UK resident, your complaint would normally be addressed to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please contact us before you escalate your complaint.